04/04/2019 by Michael Fink
6 Tips for In-Home Massage
When i bring the bodywork to you, there are a few things you can do before our session, to ensure that you’re getting even more out of our time together. Here are a few key tips.
6 Tips for a Better In-Home Massage Session:
- Turn off your; cell phone,pager, tablet, laptop, two-way radio, and anything else that might *BEEP* *BUZZ* *BLEEP* *TWEET* ((VIBRATE)) or *RING*. Limiting distractions will allow you to relax more deeply, unplug from the network for an hour and a half, connect to your body, and focus your attention inward.
- Dim the lights, draw the shades to create a more peaceful setting.
- Check the temperature of the room. It’s better to have the room on the warmer side. Especially when it’s cold out. We can always add a blanket over the sheet, but it’s nice to have the room set to a warmer temp when receiving massage to ensure you are comfortable throughout our session.
- Lighting candles, diffusing essential oils,or burning incense, to fill the room with a calming scent will help you zone out. This also creates a positive association between that scent you love and the relaxation of the massage.
- Create a playlist, or relax to mine. Music is amazing at setting a mood, getting us into a zone, and allowing us to get lost in another world of sound, while we enjoy some bodywork. Another option is soundscapes (i.e. circuits on a breezy night, frogs in a rain storm etc.)
- Have comfy clothes ready to change into after your massage. Many clients gush about how great it is to be able to slip into their PJ’s after a massage. Getting off a massage table, and into something comfy is a great way to keep that relaxed feeling, as you transition into whatever comes next.