16/10/2020 by Michael Fink,CMT
The health and safety of my clients, myself, my family, and the community at large has always been of the upmost importance. As I begin to re-open, I will be taking extra steps to ensure everyone remains safe and healthy.
Now, more than ever, safety starts before an appointment. So, I will be checking in with each client to screen for the possibility of infection.
I have updated my scheduling process to include a more detailed intake form. A health intake form must be filled out prior to each appointment. If you did not fill it out when the appointment wa scheduled, a link can be found in your confirmation email.
I will also check in via text message the day of, to re-confirm that you are still feeling well. And again upon arrival.
All clients are required to sign that they acknowledge that they are aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage and bodywork. Because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19.
Mandatory Face Mask
Face masks must be utilized during all treatments, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19; both you and I will wear a face covering the entire time. Please arrive wearing a face mask, and do not remove it until you have left the appointment.
I ask that we limit table talk/conversation, in a further attempt at minimizing the risk of spread.
Appointments will be staggered so there is no more than one client at a time. There will be a minimum of 45 minutes between clients so that there is ample time to clean and reset the room.
Please place cash or check payments in a sealed envelope, with your name on it. I will disinfect and open the payment when there is no longer a threat of transmission.
- Following stringent sanitation protocols between each client is critical. I am using EPA-certified disinfectants on all touch surfaces; door knobs, chairs, counter spaces, massage table, face cradle, etc.
- The space has an air purifier, that is turned on 45 minutes before the first appointment, and runs the entire day.
- I have portioned the massage cream into individual containers, for each appointment, to cut down on chances of cross contamination.
- I will be changing all linens, as well as my scrubs between each and every client appointment.
- Used linens will be kept in a sealed plastic bin, to prevent any possible spread of germs.